Permanent | Flexible
Service Technician I
A great opportunity to work with a well established Slough company fixing, and maintaining radio remote control system.
For more than 70 years, this company has provided trusted wireless control solutions to environments where systems absolutely cannot fail, serving a variety of companies in industrial, transportation, safety systems and mining applications.
From standard to custom-engineered systems, they offer reliable control solutions tailored to meet customer-specific requirements around the world, all while supporting clients with world-class service and technical support for as long as it is needed.
The role requires you to test, troubleshoot, repairs and modify electronic components, parts and equipment required to maintain new and existing products, build and assemble new systems. There may be occasions where you will Travel to customer site where necessary to provide support to more senior Service Technicians. Provides high quality service to customers.
This is a lovely opportunity to work with a small but supportive team where you will receive full training and support.
Progression is steady and there will be the opportunity and training to progress to a service technician 2 and up to a service technician 3
The salary starts at between £24K and £26 K and salaries are reviewed annually.
You will receive 25 days holiday a year + bank holidays, there is also a generous contribution towards a pension scheme.
There is free on site parking and the company is situated very close to shops, cafes and other amenities.
· Test faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment and software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.
· Demonstrate proper use of equipment and analyse problems using test equipment to diagnose and correct malfunctions.
· Inspect components of industrial/rail equipment for accurate assembly and installation and for defects such as loose connections and frayed wires.
· Verifies customer's equipment for compliance with product specifications. Consults with customers, supervisors, and engineers for layout of equipment and to resolve problems in system operation and maintenance. Draws sketches to clarify design details.
· Examine work orders and converse with equipment operators to detect equipment problems and to ascertain whether mechanical or human errors contributed to the problems.
· Completes and checks all job tickets including records such as material usage and number of items repaired.
· Prepares and submits management reports. Advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements.
· Maintain equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, and tests.
· Study blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine issues.
· Assists other departments in resolving equipment and related problems.
· Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
· Adjusts, calibrates, aligns and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on units performance.
· Ability to acquire basic product knowledge.
· Ability to use hand tools to pack shipments.
· Must have good verbal skills. Must be a competent in proofreading, editing, spelling, composition and possess a good vocabulary.
· Must be very well organized.
· Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two‑year college or technical school; and one to two years related experience with products and applications; or equivalent combination of education and experience.