Permanent | Flexible
********************Service Engineer Required******************
We are looking for a service engineer to join the technical support team for a well-established and flourishing company in High Wycombe.
This is a great opportunity to work with a friendly and supportive team within the HVAC sector (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) in a company located in the heart of the Chiltern Hills.
The company is a very short drive from High Wycombe town centre where there are plenty of shops, eateries and amenities.
As we have clients nationwide, you may sometimes be required to stay overnight when out on client visits.
The role pays £34-£36K and you will be supplied with a company van + a fuel card.
You will also receive 25 days holiday + your birthday off as well as private medical insurance, life assurance and group pension plan.
Ideally you will have worked within this sector previously, however if you have worked in a technical/service role in a different sector you will still be considered.
This is field role so you will be expected to stay some nights away from home as the company have clients nationwide. In this instance, your hotel will be paid, and you will be given a £50 per evening allowance for food and refreshments.
Some of your time will be based in the office where you would be providing 2nd line support to customers and colleagues by phone and email.
As the department grows so will the amount of time spent in the Field. This will require you to be able to prioritise your work, set targets, and distribute work as necessary to ensure results are achieved on time.
You will need to have a demonstrable technical background, preferably in HVAC.
Three years’ experience is needed.
Hold a full UK driving licence.
Be fluent in English, both written and spoken and have a decent working knowledge of Microsoft outlook, word and excel.
Be experienced in using a CRM system.
You will ideally have a NICEIC, BPEC or CSCS card desirable, but training would be provided.
Experience of reading, understanding, and interpreting technical reports and drawings
1. Site attendances primarily for Commercial MVHR system set-ups, commissioning of Domestic MVHR systems, and warranty, chargeable calls and pre-planned maintenance visits for Commercial MVHR, Domestic MVHR, and domestic fans
2. Troubleshooting including 2nd line support assistance by phone and email and arranging site visits to carry out repairs if necessary.
3. Assist the Internal Sales team with upselling field services to self-generate revenue from site visits.
4. Maintain a high level of customer service in a professional and timely manner and uphold Company standards with a conscientious and pro-active approach.
5. Maintain clear, concise, and effective business communication proficiently, both verbal and written. For example, documenting all site visits completing internal reports and updating company systems in a timely manner.
6. Provide technical support in a sales office environment and recommend solutions for a wide range of ventilation products.
This really is a great opportunity to work with a well-established and growing company.